Monday, December 19, 2011

L.A. Girl CRACKED vs. O.P.I. Shatter.



The other day I was looking for a little gift to go with my KK's stuff at Hot Topic. I chose a Domo lanyard (lanyards were on his list) and everything in store was buy one get one 50% off. So instinctively I couldn't pass that up. I tried to look for something cheap and worth while to get for the deal. I came across this L.A. Girl Cracked nail polish.


There are eight colors listed on the site but the one I chose was Explode. It is an almost frosty royal blue color.


The product is quite decent for its price. It is originally $6.00 on the site and at Hot Topic for $4.99 and 50% off with the deal --- so $2.50 before tax. The cracks don't quite separate as well as the O.P.I. Shatter does. Click here to see it on Hot Topic's website.


I would definitely prefer buying this one over the O.P.I. ones at a discounted price. $2.50 is definitely a good deal over $8.50. At first I did not like the product because of its finish and inability to crack on a small surface. But after slapping on some top coat I loved it. Top coat makes everything better. Would I repurchase other colors? Most likely. Especially if Forever 21 starts retailing them. They already retail L.A. regular polishes.

Products used:
  •  Seche Clear Base Coat
  • [No name] metallic charcoal gray Love & Beauty polish
  • L.A. Girl Cracked nail polish in "Explode"
  • O.P.I. Shatter in "Black Shatter"
  • Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat
Bonus: It's cruelty free! =)

I promised on YouTube I would show the jacked up brush, so here it is:

No comments :

Post a Comment